Ep. 86: The Selling Formula — An interview with Brian Robinson
In this episode of the Startup Selling Podcast, I interviewed best-selling author, and coach, Brian Robinson.
Brian Robinson is a sales and marketing expert, best-selling author, and coach. He has worked for some of the best-known companies in the world, including Coca-Cola USA and Johnson & Johnson.
Upon leaving his corporate career, he helped launch a successful startup where he was the first person in the history of the industry to sell more than one million dollars in business in twelve months — entirely by phone.
He has over two decades of in-the-trenches, battle-tested, face-to-face, and phone-presentation experience that can benefit virtually anyone, from Fortune 500 companies to entrepreneurial ventures.
Brian is the author of the Amazon #1 Best-Seller, THE SELLING FORMULA: 5 Steps for Instant Sales Improvement.
Brian and his wife Cindy reside in the Oklahoma City area and have eight children — which could be the topic of an entire podcast in and of itself!
Some of the topics that Brian and I discussed in this episode are:
- THE SELLING FORMULA: 5 Steps for Instant Sales Improvement: Connect, Interview, Present, Share, and Close.
- The “Why” behind each of the five steps.
- The importance of having a pre-built list of questions in your sales calls.
- The importance of using fact-finding and emotional types of questions in your sales call.
- Why is it necessary to set the agenda for every meeting?
- Interview as if you are a reporter.
- Pricing strategies and ways to share your price.
- The importance of including and creating a guarantee with your products and presenting it early in your sales process.
Links & Resources
The Selling Formula (audio): brianrobinsonbook.com/free-audio-download
The Selling Formula: thesellingformula.com
Brian Robinson: linkedin.com/in/brianwrobinson
Listen & subscribe to The Startup Selling Show here:
Thanks so much for listening! Tell a friend or ten about The Startup Selling Show, and please leave a review wherever you’re listening to the show.